Done-With-You Marketing Coaching
Marketing Coaching provides a custom blueprint, action items, and accountability for business owners with limited time and resources.
It’s impossible for a plant to grow without nutrient-rich soil, sunlight, and water. Removing or restricting any one of these elements will cause the plant to die or grow very slowly.
The same goes for your business. In order for your business to grow, you need new customers, repeat business from existing customers, and referrals from happy customers. Business growth is fueled by effective marketing to potential and current customers.
This is not groundbreaking information for you.
You know how important marketing is to your business in good times and even more when times are tough. Customers need to know how the value your products and services provide can help them overcome their problems or achieve their goals.
The problem most business owners face is figuring out a marketing strategy that works for them and one they have the resources to implement.
To top it off, you simply do not have the time to navigate all the ins and outs of the constantly evolving marketing landscape.
There’s no shortage of YouTube videos, marketing gurus, industry experts, and books on Amazon you can consume to help you construct that perfect, can’t-miss marketing strategy. The options are limitless but where do you start?
When you have an extra 30 minutes to put on the marketing hat, you barely scratch the surface before getting pulled away or exhaustion from the busy day takes over.
It’s a vicious, never-ending cycle of not having enough time to spend figuring out a strategy, finally finding time to get something in place, and then doing your best to measure, maintain, and optimize for maximum results.
Half the time you have no idea which parts are working and which are not.
Sure, with a limitless budget, you could hire someone to plan and implement the entire marketing strategy for you but that’s not in the cards.
You need more time to get a marketing plan in place so you can grow your business to a point where you can afford more help with your marketing… is the marketing the chicken or the egg?
Which of the following best describes your current situation?
- You’ve hit a plateau. You’ve been on the ride of your life growing your business. You came up with a vision, executed it, and your target market loved it. It was a learning process, but you accomplished what you intended to do. Then things changed. Progress became less dramatic. Growth slowed down and you don’t understand why.
- You bought all these amazing, innovative marketing tools but don’t know how to fully utilize them. Many businesses find the sheer number of digital marketing choices to be overwhelming. As a result, they don’t know where to begin. One of the biggest mistakes small businesses make is trying to do it all. Between social media, and other digital platforms, it may seem like a very user-friendly process, but without the right digital marketing strategy, you might be wasting resources.
- You try tactics suggested by industry gurus with minimal success. While there is a lot of solid information out there regarding digital marketing tips and tricks, not everything is applicable to your niche and target audience.
- Your tracking methods are ineffective. Without a concrete digital marketing strategy in place, it’s nearly impossible to assess how and where your customers and leads come from. In short, you won’t have any idea if your marketing efforts are working or not. You may be wasting time and money on marketing tools that aren’t effective for your business.
- Your strategies are uncoordinated. Without a strategic plan, your marketing, advertising, and promotional efforts aren’t working as efficiently as they could be. Marketing coaching can help you assess the market, then determine the target audience, and select the appropriate marketing vehicles to use when promoting your company.
Don’t be too hard on yourself. Most businesses fall into at least one of these common marketing pitfalls.
Fear not, there is a solution
Before we go any further…
Marketing may not be rocket science, but it isn’t easy either. It’s an ongoing process, not an event.
Even a well-oiled marketing strategy needs continuous attention and optimization to keep it humming.
Marketing is an industry in and of itself. If it were easy for every business owner to manifest marketing magic with minimal effort, we wouldn’t be writing this, and you wouldn’t be here reading it.
It’s time you get the help you need to put yourself on the right path.
You need someone who can parse down that endless mountain of marketing information on the internet into a step-by-step marketing plan customized to your business.
A proven blueprint that sidesteps all the guesswork and mistakes.
Someone to guide you through the process showing you how to do everything along the way.
Easy-to-follow action items to ensure no stone is left unturned.
Most of all, you need accountability to make sure everything gets done.
Yup, you need a marketing coach.
Marketing Agency vs. Marketing Coach
Your first thought is probably what the [expletive] is a marketing coach.
The best way to describe it is by comparing it to something you’re more familiar with… the marketing agency.
Traditional marketing agencies follow a Done-For-You (DFY) approach. This is, as you might guess, where the agency does everything for you. Yes, they will create and implement all the individual action items for the entire strategy using a team of skilled individuals working in concert. Marketing agencies are fantastic for developed businesses with defined marketing budgets.
Marketing coaching is a Done-With-You (DWY) approach to marketing where a marketing coach acts primarily as a guide. Once the marketing coach understands your goals and performs a marketing audit, they help you develop a plan tailored to your business goals, budgets, and capacity. They can also conduct training with your marketing team or managers to show them how to best execute the strategy. Once a marketing plan is created with your marketing coach, you will execute the plan yourself with their guidance.
Do You Really Need a Marketing Coach?
Let’s clear the air and answer that burning question…
“Do you need a marketing coach?”
The answer is… “No, you do not.”
There are lots of alternatives to a marketing coach.
You can continue on the same path you’re on and hope it gets better.
There’s no shortage of awesome online courses and information on the internet that answers every single question about marketing.
There are great marketing agencies in your backyard that can do all of your marketing for you taking the know-how and time burden off your plate.
The problem is, most of these alternatives will not work for you.
You know you cannot continue on the same path.
You simply do not have time to go through another course or figure out how to piece together the infinite amount of information online into a marketing plan that will work for you.
You do not have the resources to hire someone else to take care of your marketing.
A lot like any other coach, a marketing coach is a guide that can put you on the path to achieving optimal results.
A marketing coach can eliminate the existing guessing game that is not working for you.
They will take the time to help you understand how marketing works and get you focused on the activities that really matter.
Marketing coaching is not just for busy business owners.
It’s also perfect for people just starting their business with no marketing experience.
For larger companies with in-house marketing personnel who need help realigning their marketing strategy and outlining actionable marketing activities.
For someone who needs a structured plan to follow and a person to hold them accountable to getting it all done.
Since you’re still reading, it’s safe to assume you’re still facing a marketing problem and looking for solutions to help.
Now we reach the fork in the road. Here’s a recap of the options you have:
- Continue on the same path you’re on right now and hope things (magically) improve.
- Put on a large pot of extra-caffeinated dark roast and digest the internet to find the best combination of videos, blogs, and online training.
- Begin interviewing marketing agencies to take all or most of the marketing-related duties off your plate. [psst – put Neon Goldfish on that list]
- Explore how a marketing coach can quickly get you on the right path with a customized marketing plan aligned with your goals, budget, and capacity.
The Neon Goldfish Marketing Coaching Program
The marketing coaching program was created to fulfill a recurring need in the market.
We’ve had the opportunity to meet with and learn the goals of hundreds of business owners over the past 15+ years.
There were two common denominators in every single one of these initial conversations.
- No one underestimated the importance of marketing for their business.
- Everyone has had or heard of a bad experience with another marketing partner.
Our marketing coaching team will assess your current marketing strategy based on industry experience and advise you on proven methods that will work for your business. They can help you align your goals and develop actionable items that will change the way you approach your marketing. Through guidance, feedback, and expert advice, you will hone your marketing skills and learn how to make a great impression on website visitors.
Neon Goldfish is a full-service digital marketing agency helping small businesses implement effective digital marketing strategies, connect with customers, grab attention, and help you evolve to follow consumer demand. We believe a solid marketing strategy and action plan can provide consistent business growth, and we prove this concept every day.
The Neon Goldfish Marketing Coaching Program was created to help busy business owners, new entrepreneurs, and overwhelmed marketing departments understand how to properly market their business, create a customized marketing plan, detail effective action items to implement and provide accountability to follow through.
Our Marketing Coaching process begins with a 30-minute strategy call to explore your goals and share more about the valuable options we offer through our Marketing Coaching Programs.
Reconstruct Your Digital Marketing Strategy
A marketing coach is an expert marketing advisor who works closely with business owners to improve their marketing capabilities. By partnering with a marketing coach, you can easily identify challenges and build a streamlined approach for powerful results.
Marketing your business is essential to your success. Your marketing coach will dive into your business values, mission, and goals, and advise you on best practice strategies for success based on consumer behavior and demand. With a knowledgeable expert in your corner, you can:
- Allocate business resources more effectively.
- Train your team on how to fully utilize the marketing tools at your disposal.
- Lower customer acquisition costs by generating solid leads, including reaching your target audience, sending a clear marketing message, and becoming an authority in your niche.
- Help you see things more clearly by developing a plan for success including marketing your brand, establishing brand values, and even developing or fine tuning your elevator pitch.
You know you need a solid marketing plan in place, but you might not know where to start or what strategies will be worth your time and effort. You may have all the tools in place, but you aren’t utilizing them to their full potential. You could be tracking your marketing progress, but you’re focusing on the wrong analytics. Or you might be marketing effectively, but to the wrong audience. A marketing coach can help you understand exactly how to create an effective marketing plan tailored to your unique business needs.
As your marketing coach, we become an extension of your team, bring our experience and resources to the table, and help you create and execute a marketing plan that will grow your business beyond your expectations. Let’s schedule a time to talk about how we can help you build a successful marketing plan.